On 4/15/21 8:30 PM, Dimitry Sibiryakov wrote:
15.04.2021 18:28, Alex Peshkoff via Firebird-devel wrote:
It transfers data from config file 'as is', I suppose that matches charset none.

 If parameter's value is a connection string or an user name it would cause troubles for using them.

Before discussing charset of returned config parameters we should what charset is used for .conf files. As far as I'm aware it's not standartized now.

Probably most of .conf files are filled using current system charset. In same charset most of our calls (at least where connection string is expected) expects to receive data. I suppose returning config parameters as is is not a probem in such a case, at least not big new problem that arrived here.