On 4/19/21 6:59 PM, Dimitry Sibiryakov wrote:
19.04.2021 17:52, Alex Peshkoff via Firebird-devel wrote:
Telling true I doubt that separating ANSI from UTF8 is actual - noone (well, almost noone) will use utf8 on windows or ANSI on linux. What may be interesting (and does cause troubles) is separating OEM vs. ANSI on windows.

 Notepad uses by default ANSI or UTF-8 with BOM and FAR also uses ANSI out of box AFAIR, so I don't see a way for an unprepared user to create config file in OEM encoding.

Good news, looks like my expressions about it were 10-15 years old.