On 23-05-2021 19:58, Leyne, Sean wrote:
A comment from a "simple language" POV.

While "IV" or "Initialization Vector" are the technically correct terms, I would suggest that we
use the term "seed" or "salt" instead.

A much simpler terms that directly convey purpose, without needing for someone to google
"IV".

It would not, because seed and salt have an entirely different and more limited meaning in cryptography than IV. Inventing your own terms (or overloading existing terms) will only serve to add confusion for people who do know the correct terminology in cryptography, and make it harder to find correct information.

Mark Rotteveel