Hi,

I am far from the hope that text after translation will be immediately ready for publication, definitely it will require proof-reading (and here additional funding will be good too).

However, we need to manage our expectations, let me explain using Helen's comments as example:

>Statement parentheses? BEGIN and END are block delimiters.

We have used InterBase Language reference as a source of terms for translation. BEGIN and END are not referred there as block delimiters - there is only "object delimiter" term. Actually, there is no clear term associated with BEGIN END, neither in InterBase documentation, nor in Microsoft SQL.
if you suggest, we can use "block delimiter" term for BEGIN END.

In the original Russian text there is a term which is directly translated as "operator parentheses", which is commonly used in Russia (and, as "operator parentheses", exists as English term). With this version of translation I had a note from translator that he thinks that "operator" is better in this context, but since we strongly suggested to change "operator" to "statement" earlier, he changed it too. I understand him - this is a bit too cruel to expect from translator to understand such details.

So, text should look like this:
Each block of statements must be put within the operator parentheses BEGIN and END

Not very good? Fine, then something like this:
"Each block of statements must be put within block delimiters BEGIN and END."

However, to demand it from the translator we need to provide this information (how to name BEGIN END) in some form (glossary?), to create association between "operator parentheses" in Russian and block delimiters.

>"All statements except the BEGIN…END blocks must be separated by a semicolon.." >- terminated, not separated.

"Separated" is also used in InterBase Language reference in the following
context:

"Within a trigger or stored procedure, statements are separated by semicolons"

So, if somebody expects that raw translation will be better than InterBase or Microsoft documentation... it will be a big disappointment. It will not, because it cannot be.

Translation will take several iterations, and the most important thing is to find translator with adequate response and ability to improve their results and collaborate with our community. Good starting level is important too, of course.

Regards,
Alexey Kovyazin
IBSurgeon