First, thanks to Paul for checking my suggestions.
Actually, I may have misremembered: I thought there might be pitfalls
regarding the sign of the result.

As for BETWEEN and the others: maybe precedence is totally irrelevant
for "comparison predicates".  I just mentioned it since "comparison
operators" have defined precedence.

--
Aage J.
ps