On 19-12-2016 11:39, Andre van Zuydam wrote:
> So bouncing in here on a tangent,  I've done this with a couple of
> Source forge projects, simply set Source forge to clone the Github
> project or visa versa.  The only reason I would suggest having things on
> Github is for more visibility.  Anyway my five cents.  You can still
> continue to commit as always, just have things cloned on both.   Each
> versioning system has its pros and cons, those of us who started with
> CVS may have moved on to use other systems but hey, its such a mission
> to switch things that work.

That works (barely) if you already have a git project on SourceForge,
but as far as I know not if you have CVS project on SourceForge.

If a conversion is going to happen (but the strong resistance seems to
indicate no), then I'd prefer going GitHub the way the core project did
as well, instead of having a hybrid solution where you try to balance
between GitHub and SourceForge and having to keep both repositories in-sync.

Mark
--
Mark Rotteveel