On 11-02-2020 23:09, Paul Vinkenoog wrote:
However... before burning our bridges we should do some more testing,
especially with non-Western script sets (Japanese, Russian).

I had some problems with the Japanese rendering. I had to install the Japanese Windows fonts, and I had to rebuild the font metrics files, and rename the fonts from MSMincho to MS-Mincho and MSGothic to MS-Gothic. Now it looks ok for me (I haven't committed those changes yet though).

I'll double check the Russian rendering, although at first glance it looks OK, but maybe those metrics files need to be rebuilt as well.

Mark
--
Mark Rotteveel