Mark Rotteveel wrote:

>>> I tweaked the font size a bit:
>>> https://www.lawinegevaar.nl/fbdocs/html/en/experiment/fblangref25/fblangref25.html
>>
>> The font size is exactly the same as before (I kept the screen snapshots
>> from last week).
>> I'm just talking about the main text and the nav pane here, didn't check the
>> others.
>
> I didn't change the font size of the navigation pane, but there is a
> difference in the size of the main body text (1em instead of 1.0625em),
> compare with
> https://www.lawinegevaar.nl/fbdocs/html/en/experiment/fblangref25/fblangref25-oldsize.html,
>
> or see this image:
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/3ra80co6ol05e18/compare-sizes.png?dl=0

OK, I understand now. With such small differences, it depends on screen
resolution and
other factors whether the different point sizes translate to different
on-screen pixel sizes.
In my case, the letter height remains the same (11 px for caps, 8 for lower
size).

However, comparing fblangref25.html to fblangref25-oldsize.html, I do see that
the width
of some letters is 1 px less on the newer one, and letter spacing and word
spacing are
definitely less. (And the line spacing as well, but only marginally so: 26 px
instead of 27.)

On you comparison image, another font is used and I can clearly see the height
difference
there.

So let's leave it at that!

Cheers,