--- Mercea Paul <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On http://firebirdsql.org/index.php?op=files&id=netprovider you'll
> find all
> you need!
>
> By the way... my fbconnection.connection string property has no ...
> button ,
> but I don't use this visual component, I have declared in my db class
> and
> build the connection string ... I think this is the most used
> scenario!
>
> Regards,
> Paul

I agree that this is the best method. I am posting code from one of my
applications to demonstrate how this can be implemented in C#:

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Text;
using System.Data;
using System.Data.Common;

using FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient;

namespace MED
{

    class DataLayer
    {
        private string connStr;
        private FbConnection fbc;

        public DataLayer()
        {
            connStr = "Dialect=3; ServerType=1; User=SYSDBA;
Password=masterkey; Database=c:\\temp\\MED\\database\\MEDDB.FDB";
            fbc = new FbConnection(connStr);
            fbc.Open();
        }

        public DataSet getPatientList(string patLastName)
        {
            FbCommand cmd = new FbCommand("MDPTNT01_SEL_L", fbc);
            cmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@PLASTNAME", patLastName);

            DataSet ds = new DataSet();
            FbDataAdapter da = new FbDataAdapter(cmd);
            da.Fill(ds);
            return ds;
        }

        public DataSet getPatientDetails(string patNo)
        {
            FbCommand cmd = new FbCommand("MDPTNT01_SEL", fbc);
            cmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@PATNO", patNo);

            DataSet ds = new DataSet();
            FbDataAdapter da = new FbDataAdapter(cmd);
            da.Fill(ds);
            return ds;
        }

    }
}

To use it, the following code:

      dataLayer = new DataLayer();
      DataSet ds = dataLayer.getPatientDetails(patNo);

Regards,
Steve Faleiro