Den 2012-06-08 12:22 skrev Kjell Rilbe såhär:
> Hi,
>
> Does the .Net provider support multiple active transactions on a single
> FbConnection?
>
> I am on version 2.6 or 2.7 I think...

I get an invalid operation exception when I try to call
FbConnection.BeginTransaction if there is already an active transaction.
That's why I'm asking (and because it seems my existing transaction is
ended by a framework that's using the same connection).

So do I really really need a second connection just to be able to run a
large select and have it alive (iterating through a DbDataReader) while
the framework does other operations on the same connection, using its
own transaction handling?

I would have thought that the framwork's use of the connection would be
completely independent from my DbDataReader... Apparently not...?

What I don't understand is that the framework seems to both end my
transaction and my reader, but it doesn't cause any errors, but if I try
to start a new transaction myself I get an exception. Why doesn't the
framework get an exception, and how does it gain access to my
transaction and end it?

Kjell

--
Kjell Rilbe