> On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 6:29 PM, André Knappstein
> <knappst...@beta-eigenheim.de> wrote:
>> It  turned out that MS   moved   XML stuff around libraries and so you
>> will   get  completely  another  exception  instead  of  the  expected
>> FBException.

> ???

ahem...
I  will  try  to reproduce it again if you need more details. It seems
that the FBException message can not be loaded/parsed, which of course
itself is throwing an exception.

So,    in   a   series   of   try/catch   (fbexception,   dbexception,
ioexception...)  only  the  last  one,  the  general exception will be
thrown.

In  my case, I forgot to grant privileges to a new relation. So it all
worked  well  when  testing  with  SYSDBA,  but  not  when  testing my
application  (restricted  user,  even  for  myself!).  Instead  of the
FBException  "no  permission for..." I only got the general Exception,
that some "Extension" stuff could not be loaded from MSCorLib.

As far as I understood this is because MS has put the classes required
for  "Extension" into another namespace in 4.5 than it was in 4.0, but
maybe  I got it all completely wrong... bear with me, I am controller,
not a professional developer :-)