Hi all -

I am trying to embed firebird (the current version) with Mono on OS X for
development. After looking through what I can find I came up against this
error:

Using Firebird Failed: FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient.FbException: cannot
attach to password database ---> cannot attach to password database
  at FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient.FbConnectionInternal.Connect ()
[0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check)
FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient.FbConnectionInternal:Connect ()
  at FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient.FbConnectionPool.Create () [0x00000]
in <filename unknown>:0
  at FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient.FbConnectionPool.CheckOut () [0x00000]
in <filename unknown>:0
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check)
FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient.FbConnectionPool:CheckOut ()
  at FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient.FbConnection.Open () [0x00000] in
<filename unknown>:0

I tried to make a copy of security2.fdb and place it next to fbembed to no
avail, and removing User ID/Password gives me a different error that says
the connection string is either invalid or required arguments missing.

This is my current connection string.

ServerType=1;User
ID=sysdba;Password=masterkey;Database=localhost:/opt/test.fdb

And my current build directory layout.

/the_app.exe
/firebird.conf
/firebird.log
/firebird.msg
/libfbclient.dylib
/libfbembed.dylib
/libib_util.dylib
/libicudata.dylib
/libicui18n.dylib
/libicuuc.dylib
/security2.fdb
/intl/*
/udf/*

Any pointers for the cause and how I can proceed is greatly appreciated.

--
Cheers,
yc

http://yinsochen.com