We are trying to determine the best platform for Firebird SQL 2.5.2. Our
firebird databases are 40-60gb in size and are being accessed by dbase plus
2.6.2 programs. Currently we are running on Windows 2003 Server with dual Intel
XEON E5430 quad-core processors and 8gb RAM. This server is being accessed with
Windows Remote Desktop. We are in the process of replacing this server with a
new server using 2 Intel XEON E5-2640 processors and 16gb of RAM. We are trying
to determine whether we should go with Windows or Linux. We also want to
consider client/server versus the current model we are using. We would use
Intel I7-3770K processors with 8gb of ram for workstations.