Thanks for the information. In regards to the Windows 2003 Server running RDP,
it is running Firebird Superserver 2.1.3 32-bit. What I have noticed is it only
uses 1 CPU and it is running at 60-100% utilization. In regards to the dbase
Plus programs, there are some dbase files used in conjunction with the firebird
files. We have experimented with a Windows 2008 Server, 64-bit with 8gb RAM,
dual E5430 XEON processors and Firebird 2.5.2 64bit. Firebird utilized the
multiple CPUs and the Utilization never went above 19%, but the performance was
worse. We also encountered frequent not-responding messages during program
execution. The screen goes white. There is no certain pattern to the not
responding messages and in some cases the program ends normally, but in a few
cases, the program ends without completing. If you run the same programs from a
workstation with firebird 2.5.2 client-only install, they run properly, but run
much slower. The test workstation is an Intel I5-661 with 4gb of memory and
Windows 7 32-bit.

--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, André Knappstein <Knappstein@...>