From: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:firebird-support@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: 04 November 2014 01:06 AM
To: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [firebird-support] FB server installation and concurrent users
limits on Windows Server

Hi

thank for the suggestion. i am very suprised of this occurrence.

i've read some post's and "Fb ticket support" about it

sound so strange

possible that noone use FB on a domain controller or maybe is not so common to
have users that reach DB size more then 1 GB or when FB is installed on a
domain controller

rightnow i can't imagine how much my application will need but now i am
"worried" about working with FB

so i am starting to think that FB is used only for small projects and/or in
"low profile network/companies"

---In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, <louis@...> wrote :

There is no Windows imposed limit on the number of users. Even if you run on a
server. Except of course if you deploy a client app on the server and users
access it using RDP. Then each user would need a CAL, but otherwise , no
restrictions.

Do not run FB server on a serer that is a domain controller. There is
sufficient empirical proof that this is not good…