Hi
 i am "new" to databases and i am "going to choose" Firebird.
 Supposing that i will have to interact with some MS server where are some
already installed software, mail server and other softwares i were starting to
ask if is there any limit about the number of concurrent Clients that could
access simultaneously to the FB database.

 Some peoples are suggesting me to do not install FB server on a domain
controller becouse i will risk a serious perfomance issue.
 Some Others are telling that is only a question of server,cache,page size ,etc

 i am getting confused becouse
 i've got some post of the 2012 talking about FB that solved this issue but
other that tell's that also Microsoft suggest to do not install MSSQL on an
acvite domain

 some more tells to do not install "ON" , other to do not install "FB AS acting
ALSO like a domain controller" (does FB could act in that way?)
 all this becouse of a security functionality that Microsoft server apply on an
DC

 my main doubt is :
  when i will have only 1 server on an already working network infrastructure
of a customer and  i will need to install my "small application" that will use
FB in a c/s environment without having possibility to buy/install a second
server , will i risk this PERFORMANCE ISSUE becouse of an incomatibility or i
could solve it just "changing the configuration" of the MS server+ FB_db ?

 this are some posts
 (FB)
http://dyemanov.blogspot.it/2012/03/firebird-vs-windows-file-system-caching.html

http://dyemanov.blogspot.it/2012/03/firebird-vs-windows-file-system-caching.html