On 06.11.2014 20:22, af_12...@yahoo.com [firebird-support] wrote:

> Hi
>
> i am "new" to databases and i am "going to choose" Firebird.
>
> Supposing that i will have to interact with some MS server where are
> some already installed software, mail server and other softwares i were
> starting to ask if is there any limit about the number of concurrent
> Clients that could access simultaneously to the FB database.
>

> Some peoples are suggesting me to do not install FB server on a domain
> controller becouse i will risk a serious perfomance issue.
>
> Some Others are telling that is only a question of server,cache,page
> size ,etc
>

> i am getting confused becouse
>
> i've got some post of the 2012 talking about FB that solved this issue
> but other that tell's that also Microsoft suggest to do not install
> MSSQL on an acvite domain
>

> some more tells to do not install "ON" , other to do not install "FB AS
> acting ALSO like a domain controller" (does FB could act in that way?)
>
> all this becouse of a security functionality that Microsoft server apply
> on an DC
>

> my main doubt is :
>
>  when i will have only 1 server on an already working network
> infrastructure of a customer and  i will need to install my "small
> application" that will use FB in a c/s environment without having
> possibility to buy/install a second server , will i risk this
> PERFORMANCE ISSUE becouse of an incomatibility or i could solve it just
> "changing the configuration" of the MS server+ FB_db ?

hej,

to be honest - setting up an internal test system you may install
whatever you want onto a single server - but keep in mind that it's
internal test that must never go live into production!

As rule of thumb/best praxis: Leave AD-Servers alone!
Why? You don't want messed up AD-Servers.

  • ... 'liviusliv...@poczta.onet.pl' liviusliv...@poczta.onet.pl [firebird-support]
    • ... af_12...@yahoo.com [firebird-support]
      • ... Mark Rotteveel m...@lawinegevaar.nl [firebird-support]
      • ... Christian Gütter n...@guetter.org [firebird-support]