On 24/11/14 11:59, marcus mar...@antiphasis.net [firebird-support] wrote:
>> I did a full backup and restore to the databases but JUSThad
>> >
>> > WDZP (Server) Mon Nov 24 10:26:52 2014
>> > Database: HISTORY
>> > internal gds software consistency check (cannot find tip page (165),
>> > file: tra.cpp line: 2494)
> Such errors will more like point to
> - problems with the harddisk
> - problems with cache logic
> - problems with the hdd/raid controller
> than Windows Updates.
> Or were there active connections while installing updates and rebooting
> the computer?

Still nursing this machine and I am perhaps coming around to a hardware
fault although everything tests OK.

I'm getting
gds__detatch: Unsuccessful detach from database
with a large batch of 10054 error all with the same timestamp.

Happened twice today, but there were security related entries in the
event log at the same time. It's that this suddenly started on the 11th
after many months of perfect performance.

Now - 10054 I keep thinking of as a network error, but it's reset
connections! Why would there be so many when I only have a small number
of users? Looks like the problem is between Firebird and Apache/PHP as
the connections do not seem to be clearing ... I'd not even thought to
check that since I've not changed MY software since the machine was set
up. PHP should be reusing the same connection so there should never be
more than a few active users.

At last something to work with, and since I can restart Apache during
the day I can perhaps prevent a hickup when perhaps there are too many
connections.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL