08.06.2015 10:02, Marianne Castel wrote:

> We were working with Firebird 2.5.2 on Debian . At that time, in the
> monitoring table MON$ATTACHEMENTS I could see the IP address of the
> client connected to a database.
>
> Now our administrators have decided to work with CentOS and the last
> available packages thus Firebird 2.5.4, and  now in the databases on
> that server in the table MON$ATTACHEMENTS table  the field
> mon$remote_address always contains : 0.0.0.0
>
> May be that the server is different too (network connection?) …
>
> Any idea why the IP address is no more reported ? How could we have the
> IP address again in the monitoring table ?

Interesting. One possible explanation can be found here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17220006/in-what-conditions-getpeername-returns-ipport-0-0-0-00

Firebird 2.x does not support IPv6 and always listens on a AF_INET (i.e.
v4) socket, but maybe it could be related somehow. Have you tried to
disable IPv6 on the new server box?

Dmitry

  • [fire... Marianne Castel - Titelive caste...@titelive.be [firebird-support]
    • ... Dmitry Yemanov dim...@users.sourceforge.net [firebird-support]