Hi

We have DB of about 40GB where transaction counter exceeded max and we had
to backup and restore to get the db back up an running. However after doing
this we have had trouble where the DB consumes 25% CPU (100% on one core).
This typically happens when accessing the DB from IIS web pages with quite
a bit of transactions. However normally this work very fine without this
100% CPU core load.

I find it hard to detect the real cause of the problem and also surprised
that this should happen after a restore.

One thing to mention that after the restore I had to recreate store
procedures and trigger. From documentation on web I got the impression that
this was caused by a encoding issue of text.

Another thing to mention is that we are running the DB on Win 2008 Server
and the fb version is 2.5.1. We also have the .GDB extension on the
database, but since this has not been a trouble before, I doubt that this
is the problem.

What I have done so far is to:
* validate the db
* run manual sweep on it
* restarted fbserver
* restarted server
* restarted IIS

Right now I am starting each of the websites/services that are accessing
the DB.

Any suggestions on how to proceed? I am also interested in understanding
better how I can better debug these situations. Right now I feel like I am
just guessing about the cause and applying different potential fixes at
"random".

--
Jardar Maatje
Nortek Data Services AS