Hi All

 I have been trying to migrate from FB2.54 into FB 3 for a few weeks, and after
hitting a string related error for some time i have got to the point where I do
understand the issue, but I don't know how to solve it. The issue is pretty
simple, the FB 2.54 DB contains a few characters that are not allowed into the
FB 3 database, one example of a character causing an error during the restore
was "Mcgarrity’s" (note the ’) as it appears to be outside the scope of the FB3
string domain, I have trying creating a new FB3 DB with many different charsets
but none works. The other string causing issues is for example "΢ÈíÑźÚ", I
have many records with this type of strings because the DB contains raw emails
received by the system, stored into Varchars, and apparently some emails
contain very weird characters, all were handled by FB2.54 but FB3 rejects the
records. I have been able to isolate all recrods with issues using IBExpert's
table data comparer function, as it created a script with all recrods from all
tables from FB2.54 and when running the script against FB3.0 it singles out all
the offending records.

 Can anyone advise what options I have available to force FB3.0 to accept any
stuff into string fields?

 Thanks in advanced

  • [firebir... fabia...@itbizolutions.com.au [firebird-support]
    • Re:... Kjell Rilbe kjell.ri...@marknadsinformation.se [firebird-support]