Van: "fabia...@itbizolutions.com.au [firebird-support]"
<firebird-support@yahoogroups.com>
Aan: <firebird-support@yahoogroups.com>
Onderwerp: [firebird-support] Engine12 mistery
Datum: di, jun. 14, 2016 19:36

Hi All,

Is there a reason why the FB 3 server configured as
follows would require Engine12 as a provider?

DatabaseAccess  = NoneAuthServer  =
SrpAuthClient  = SrpUserManager  = SrpProviders  =
RemoteWireCrypt  = Enabled WireCompression = falseServerMode
= Super

I've noticed the network applications that access
the FB3 db failed to connect unless I add the Engine12 to the providers list,
would that be because FB3 engine needs Engine12 to access the security DB at
the
handshake?

The way the network apps try to talk to the FB3
server is via ODBC and the database field is defined as
192.168.xxx.xxx:MyDbName
, I also tried with 192.168.xxx.xxx/3050:MyDbName and made no difference, any
ide why Engine12 is required?

Cheers,
Fabian

  • [firebird-support... fabia...@itbizolutions.com.au [firebird-support]