On 24/01/2017 01:03, 'Leyne, Sean' s...@broadviewsoftware.com [firebird-support] wrote:

Firebird does support dynamic changes, you can change the database schema while users are connected.

Dmitry was referring more to the inherent risks of using a production database as a development platform -- schema changes need to be tested and carefully applied.

In our case, we use strict SQL script numbering process along with a CI process that ensures that all scripts are checked/tested against exemplar database*0*s before a master script is created/applied.

And even then you can have fun when one of your production databases has patterns of data that weren't included in your test data sets.

--
Tim Ward

  • [firebird-supp... kragh.tho...@yahoo.com [firebird-support]
    • Re: [fire... Helen Borrie hele...@iinet.net.au [firebird-support]