On 13-3-2018 02:12, ho...@agencybusys.com [firebird-support] wrote:
> Thank you, Mark, for such a complete and clear answer. You are a big
> help to me. What you said agrees and helps me understand what I have
> read. What I was concerned about was my Execute Blocks were too big, and
> had to be split into several smaller blocks. I wanted to make sure all
> the blocks were executed as a single transaction to keep other users
> from interleaving their updates. You have answered that question quite
> nicely. Thanks again.

That size limit is the maximum size of 64 kilobyte for statements. This
limit applies to all statement types, and exists in Firebird 2.5 and
earlier, and in Firebird 3 when using the old API (most applications use
the old API). In the new API, the limit has been raised to 10 megabyte.

Mark
--
Mark Rotteveel
  • [firebird-support... ho...@agencybusys.com [firebird-support]