Hi,

I've been using FastCopy to make backup copies of a ~180 Gbyte Firebird
database, under NBACKUP-L state.

This has been working fine for years with Firebird 2.5 and an older
version of FastCopy.

After migrating the database to a new server and upgrading Firebird to
3.0 and FastCopy to latest version 3.41, I'm experiencing a problem that
I find a bit strange.

The backup script does this:
1. NBACKUP -L
2. FastCopy.
3. NBACKUP -N on original database file.
4. NBACKUP -F on copy.

What happens is that FastCopy detects that the source file is modified
during the copy operation and bails out.

It seems like the original database file is touched about a half to one
minute after being locked with NBACKUP -L.

Why is the locked database file touched?

I'm not sure if it's actually modified, but the timestamp is certainly
updated.

I am also not sure if this is new for Firebird 3, or if it happened with
2.5 too, but the old version of FastCopy failed to do the modification
check.

Regards,
Kjell
--