den 2018-04-05 09:13, skrev hv...@users.sourceforge.net [firebird-support]:

> ---In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, <kjell.rilbe@...> wrote :

> > It seems like the original database file is touched about a half to one
> > minute after being locked with NBACKUP -L.
> >
> > Why is the locked database file touched?
> >
> > I'm not sure if it's actually modified, but the timestamp is
> certainly updated.
>
>   Firebird itself doesn't update file timestamp directly.
> But filesystem often does it in lazy\background mode (for performance
> reason).
>
>   You may know for sure using ProcessMonitor tool, if you wish

Oh, Sorry Vlad, I didn't see your reply at first. My message thread view
was apparentl corrupt in my e-mail client. Fixed that now.

Sounds like a reasonable explanation. I've inserted a five minute delay
between lock and copy, but last night's run failed anyway. Guess I'll
have to investigate a bit more. Thanks for the suggestion with procmon.

Regards,
Kjell

  • [firebir... Kjell Rilbe kjell.ri...@marknadsinformation.se [firebird-support]
    • [fi... hv...@users.sourceforge.net [firebird-support]