Greetings!

I have been successfully created a script of the metadata in the 1.56 database,
ran the script against FB 3 (all using IB Expert).

Initial attempt only revealed about 20 or so errors.  Not too bad for a fairly
complex 20-year old database.

I have fixed all the errors and can now run the script with no warnings or
errors.

The trick is populating the 3.0 database.  I know there are data pump tools out
there but they seem to be old?

My question:
Now that my 1.56 metadata script works w/out error with the 3.0 database, can I
simply backup the 1.56 database and restore under FB 3?

Thanks in advance!

Kevin

  • [firebird... Kevin Stanton kevin.stan...@rdb-solutions.com [firebird-support]
    • [fir... Rustam rusta...@ukr.net [firebird-support]