IB DataPump from Clevercomponents has problems with FB 3, but now it
is open source. It is made in Delphi. If someone interested and with
some free time can fix the problem and even update the application:

https://github.com/CleverComponents/Interbase-DataPump/

[]s
Carlos
Migration Guide do FB 3
https://www.firebirdnews.org/migration-guide-to-firebird-3/

KSKSRScfs> Greetings!

KSKSRScfs> We are in the middle of migrating from FB 1.56 to 3.x.

KSKSRScfs> Of course the recommendation is to create a script of the
KSKSRScfs> database and run it against FB 3 which we’ve done.  We’ve
KSKSRScfs> also purchased the Migration Guide to Firebird 3.

KSKSRScfs> Now comes the challenge - getting the data over.  Some of
KSKSRScfs> our customers have millions and millions of records.
KSKSRScfs> The recommendation is to use a tool to pump the data over.
KSKSRScfs> Clever Components has a tool but it seems really out-dated
KSKSRScfs> and not very intuitive.  This tool is a suggestion in the Migration
Guide.

KSKSRScfs> I understand not having a GUI tool with Firebird as there
KSKSRScfs> are a few really good ones out there.  (IB Expert is my must-have
tool)

KSKSRScfs> However, I t think it’s imperative FB has a database
KSKSRScfs> migration tool..  We should not have to rely on any 3rd
KSKSRScfs> party tools to upgrade a database.

KSKSRScfs> Here’s what I would love to see the process being:

KSKSRScfs> Have a tool to analyze the current database.  This can
KSKSRScfs> already be done by creating a script and running it against the
target version of FB.
KSKSRScfs> Once the database is created successfully with no errors
KSKSRScfs> or warnings in step 1, all we should have to do is backup
KSKSRScfs> the database in the older version of FB and restore it in
KSKSRScfs> the target version.  I know triggers and stored procedures
KSKSRScfs> don’t get recompiled, but they should somehow.  I’m sure
KSKSRScfs> the Firebird Gurus can figure this one out.  :)
KSKSRScfs>

KSKSRScfs> I would be happy to donate time to help in anyway I can.
KSKSRScfs> This is an awesome database and I can’t say enough about FB and the
developers.

KSKSRScfs> Just some thoughts here as I go through the
KSKSRScfs> (so-far-painful) migration process.

KSKSRScfs> Best Regards,
KSKSRScfs> Kevin

KSKSRScfs> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

KSKSRScfs> ------------------------------------
KSKSRScfs> Posted by: Kevin Stanton <kevin.stan...@rdb-solutions.com>
KSKSRScfs> ------------------------------------

KSKSRScfs> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

KSKSRScfs> Visit http://www.firebirdsql.org and click the Documentation item
KSKSRScfs> on the main (top) menu.  Try FAQ and other links from the left-side
menu there.

KSKSRScfs> Also search the knowledgebases at
KSKSRScfs> http://www.ibphoenix.com/resources/documents/

KSKSRScfs> Yahoo Groups Links

  • [firebi... Kevin Stanton kevin.stan...@rdb-solutions.com [firebird-support]
    • [f... Norbert Saint Georges n...@tetrasys.eu [firebird-support]