De: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com <firebird-support@yahoogroups.com> em nome
de Elmar Haneke el...@haneke.de [firebird-support]
<firebird-support@yahoogroups.com>
Enviado: quarta-feira, 8 de janeiro de 2020 16:43
Para: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com <firebird-support@yahoogroups.com>
Assunto: Re: [firebird-support] Running Firebird as Application on Linux

> we wrote an cross-platform application framework that should
> be relocatible including the database engine and the database file.
> For Windows systems there is a command line option "-a" to start
> Firebird as application. I did not find any similar for the Linux
> version. Is there any way to run the Firebird server on Linux
> without installation into the system?

The fbserver executable can be run in any user context that has access
to database files.

On linux most servers are just processes started by other processes
(e.g. by sysctrl or initd). You can have fbserver started on boot or you
can start it on your own once needed.

Elmar

  • [firebird-support... mbllo...@leitstern.de [firebird-support]
    • Re: [firebir... Elmar Haneke el...@haneke.de [firebird-support]