>   Thanks for letting me join.  I have one customer for my income and am
> semi-retired.  I am a long time user / sys admin of Firebird 2.7.1 and I need
> to migrate this version from a Windows Server 2003 OS to a newer Windows
> Server 2016. It is on a VMware server and has been for many years.. Admins
> say 2003 is not being supported soon, same MS generated obsolete and no
> support message but the domain admins want to upgrade it.    I know there are
> always issues but for base compatibility,  will this new OS work?  Any
> information on compatibility between Firebird versions and Windows server OS
> would be most welcome.

Hi Mike,

I don't mean to be smart, but have you tried it out yourself? I don't
have VMware server or Windows Server 2016, but I have run Firebird on
Windows Server 2019 without a problem!

IMHO, if it works on 2019, there is no reason that  it shouldn't on 2016.

I searched for the string "firebirdsql windows 2016 server" and the
first article will certainly be of interest to you:

https://ib-aid.com/en/articles/how-to-make-firebird-work-20-faster-at-windows-server-2016-in-less-than-1-minute/

It starts with the line:

"More and more users upgrade to Windows Server 2016 from old
versions,...", so that, to me, means that their users have it running
on 2016, but check out the rest of the article (increase performance).

HTH & rgs,

Pól...

  • [fireb... 'm...@spectrumpacsold.com' m...@spectrumpacs.com [firebird-support]
    • R... Pól Ua Laoínecháin lineh...@tcd.ie [firebird-support]