Greetings!

Process 1:
Via a script, I have successfully exported and migrated all data and objects
from a FB1 database to FB3.
Creating the objects originally had just a few errors but those have been fixed
and it now goes across cleanly, no errors.
This process has been the one most widely recommended.

Process 2:
With the corrected database that goes cleanly to FB3, I tried the following:
1. Backup the database with FB1.
2. Restore the database with FB3.
3. Executed two of IB Expert’s functions: a) Recompile all Procedures and b)
Recompile all Triggers.  (No errors)
4. Performed a backup / restore with no errors.

My question:  is Process 2 an acceptable path?  The only reason I ask is one of
my customers has many millions of records and I believe Process 2 will save me
a weekend of work.  (My next step is to benchmark how long Process 1 will take
for this customer’s database).

Many Thanks!

Kevin

  • [firebird... Kevin Stanton kevin.stan...@rdb-solutions.com [firebird-support]