I always tend to do back / restores not only in this migration but on a regular
basis.  I’m maybe a little on the paranoid side.  :)
I have noticed some extra lines in the restore log for FB3 (this is true even
on a completely new FB3 database):

gbak:fixing views dbkey length
gbak:updating ownership of packages, procedures and tables
gbak:adding missing privileges
gbak:fixing system generators
gbak:finishing, closing, and going home
gbak:adjusting the ONLINE and FORCED WRITES flags

The script is very easily generated out of IB Expert.  I cannot praise this
tool enough.

I haven’t tried the script using isql but I would be surprised if it didn’t
work.  I will give it a shot possibly over this coming weekend.  I’m slammed at
the moment.

I also use FlameRobin for FB1.  Not sure if that is compatible with FB3?  There
were some concerns in previous postings.

Cheers,
Kevin

  • [firebird... Kevin Stanton kevin.stan...@rdb-solutions.com [firebird-support]
    • RE: ... 'Jason (PN)' ja...@jac2.co.uk [firebird-support]