I've been trying to get used to the DevTools, and there are parts of it I
even like, but I can't get used to its console. As I've written before,
ordinary log text appears in orange, and error text in black, the opposite
of what it should be. All my experiments have failed to unearth the reason
for this, the bug reports accomplished nothing, and the orange is hurting
my eyes.

Firebug still works (for the most part) on my system -- including the
various tabs -- except for the Firebug Console. It remains blank no matter
what I do; it doesn't display any log text at all. I vaguely remember that
the DevTools console may preempt the Firebug console, but even if I turn
off the DevTools and reload the page, the Firebug console remains blank. I
am quite familiar with the Firebug console and the different settings that
might affect it (which tabs and settings you enable, etc); they don't have
any effect. It's still blank.

If anyone has an idea why my Firebug Console won't display any log text,
I'd be interested to hear.

If anyone has an idea why the my DevTools Console displays ordinary log
text in orange, I'd like to hear that too.

Thank you.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/firebug/CAMoMLKhOy8c5UKsf%3D2mc_UA0fHyVp18hvCxe53G1A3z-1wwT3g%40mail.gmail.com.