Elron's CommandView firewall has been completely reworked.

We acquired the OnGuard Firewall from ON Technology Corporation a year and
a half ago. ONGuard was a standalone, with a proprietary OS (Secure32OS),
that ON Technology shipped pre-installed on a 486 box (!).

We've ported the firewall to NT, and enhanced both the Secure32OS version
and the NT(CommandView) version. Both versions are software only, stateful
inspecting (SMLI) firewalls that were built with a priority on ease of
installation and configuration. A lot of people have interpreted 'easy to
install' as simple or weak. It's the, "if it's not a pain to configure it
can't be any good" line of reasoning. We just put more work into the User
Interface and install routines, than other vendors did.

Based on all the head to head comparisons we've entered, the product
performs well. [See this month's Small Business Computing and
Communications mag for example, where we were top-rated, and bested
CyberGuard, AltaVista, Guardian, and NetFortress in the small-to-medium
category].

Given that one study pointed to improper configurations resulting in 94% of
all successful instrusions, I'm surprised that more companies have spent
the time to simplify their install/configuration code.

We're working on enhancements to both versions, in particular the NT
version will be integrated into the CommandView family,  with our Internet
Manager (http blocking and monitoring), Bandwidth Optimizer (bandwidth
allocation and monitoring), and soon to be released content filtering
product.

Hope this helps.

Duncan Perry
Elron Software, Inc.

"R. Michael Williams, MCSE" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 02/19/99 12:04:58
AM

Please respond to [EMAIL PROTECTED]