There's about 1500+ of us out here who have passed the exam.      For more
about the certification, visit
http://www.infosecnews.com/scmagazine/1998_04/lastword/lastword.html
then go to     www.isc2.org.

As to the worth, that's a loaded question.   Is it going to make your life
better?  Not by itself.

The preparation process to take the test will give you some grounding to
determine how much you know about a whole realm of different security issues
(Ten very broad categories) and what you need to learn to be able to answer
questions about those issues.   It will also force you to learn some
concepts you didn't know before and study up on some things you thought you
did know, and probably will change the way you look at a lot of things.

The test itself (six hours, about 250 questions) will further test your
reaction to stress under pressure and will force you to think in simplest
terms.  It will also raise your blood pressure, provide an overwhelming
sense of relief when you are done, and hopefully will give you a measure of
where your knowledge base is in relation to that of a standard set by a body
of security professionals.    However, I know a number of accountants who
have passed their CPA, but only a few that I would let keep my books...

The certification may lead to a job offer (or more), certainly won't hurt
your resume, and should increase your worth to your current employer.   It
won't guarantee any of those things, and to be honest doesn't mean a lot
without compatible experience, attitude, and background.

-
[To unsubscribe, send mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
"unsubscribe firewalls" in the body of the message.]