Dear John, Dear All,

It seems clear that Michael Leyton has the greatest credit to
be the inventor of the concept of information as asymmetry.

During my reading and writing about Gibbs paradox, I saw the definition of
"entropy as symmetry" (or "information as asymmetry") is a good one. However,
another quantitative definition is obviously easier to manage: I defined
"information as compressed data".

As a chemist, I have been trying very hard to set up an axiomatic formula
of symmetry, entropy and stability to solve problems in chemistry. The
task is truly very big and my efforts may have stirred up more
problems than it appeared to have solved. This is the main reason that
I launched a couple of journals, see the
editorials at http://www.mdpi.com/1099-4300/1/1/1/pdf/ and
http://www.mdpi.com/2073-8994/1/1/1/pdf/.

I am using my expertise as a publisher to launch another related journal
called Information (ISSN 2075-1710, http://www.mdpi.com/journal/information).
Top scientists on this mailing list are invited again to serve on the
editorial board of Information (ISSN 2075-1710) or be the Editor-in-Chief.
A special issue "What Is Information?" (Guest edited by Mark Burgin)
will be published, see the
http://www.mdpi.com/journal/information/special_issues/whatisinfo
website. There will be three journals:

Entropy (ISSN 1099-4300, http://www.mdpi.com/journal/entropy)
Symmetry (ISSN 2073-8994, http://www.mdpi.com/journal/symmetry)
Information (ISSN 2075-1710, http://www.mdpi.com/journal/information)
(Only the title "Asymmetry" is missing. I may start this journal also
if this one word title is not occupied yet.)

Another special issue is "Entropy, Order and Symmetry",
http://www.mdpi.com/journal/symmetry/special_issues/entropy-symmetry.
I sincerely welcome you to contribute your paper and bring some progress to
the studies of this topic.

Recently my main interest is "sustainability". I read a lot on this topic during
the recent months. Sustainability is also connected to symmetry and stability.
Your guys may also publish in this journal at
http://www.mdpi.com/journal/sustainability.
Comparing to those bad guys who are depleting material resources to make
global warm, the guys here working on information, data, knowledge, etc.,
are all very lovely.

Best regards,
Shu-Kun