FIS Friends,

Like in most of our excursions, in the present one we have stumbled upon a very interesting and exciting "attractor". Rather than throwing ourselves into a deep discussion about the modes of social knowing and their historical interrelationship my suggestion is that we sidestep them and make some "concluding comments" on the ongoing discussion by coming back to the final questions of Prof. Zhong (Yixin in our friendly environment!). I will pen them at the bottom. Concerning the modes of knowledge discussion, next weeks I will make a proposal in order to have it as our next discussion session (immediately after this one, or perhaps after another session which has been tentatively demanded about an "axiomatic approach to information theory".)

Let me make another suggestion. In the concluding comments it would be important trying to be as boldest as possible, as well as hearing new voices related to neuroscience, cellular-molecular biology, physics, and artificial intelligence. Thus I kindly demand to the active group of philosophically oriented parties, and to everybody else, to momentarily keep at bay the critical comments --only positive reactions (Christmas time!). All parties who have participated in recent discussions, and particularly the new arrivals into the list, are cordially invited to reflect their brute insights on intelligence and information... maybe just penning three or four lines on a few of the questions below.

Thus, these were Yixin's questions:

   .  What is the correct concept of intelligence?

   . What is the correct concept of information?

. What is the precise relation between intelligence and information? . How do you evaluate the current state of the art in the study of intelligence science?

. How do you evaluate the current state of the art in the study of information science? . Do you agree with the statement that intelligence comes from knowledge and the latter from information?

   . What, do you think, is the feasible mechanism of intelligence growth?

. Do you think it possible to have information being conversed to knowledge and even to intelligence?

best wishes, and season greetings

---Pedro

Pedro C. Marijuán
Avda. Gómez Laguna, 25, Pl. 11ª
50009 Zaragoza, Spain
Telf: 34 976 71 3526 (& 6818) Fax: 34 976 71 5554
pcmarijuan.i...@aragon.es