Limits of Glue

Joe:...that existence and energy are primitive and numbers something derived.

Yes of course. We know that Nature exists and has manifold properties.
(Thomas Aquinas).
We speak about our experiences with Nature. To make certain that we
understand each other clearly, we use words with progressive degrees
of formal meaning. The extreme of this is that we use the public
language, i.e. numbers, - where no person has (should have) subjective
connotations, and the denotations of the words are clear. The imagery
built up by this method has the shortcomings that it is a very
abstract, detached, idealised way of speaking about Nature. It has the
advantages that we each know that we mean the same as we say "in this
model Nature is in a constant change" as we refer to the fact that the
Euclid spaces which give mass a localisation are derived from the
concept that a reordering always takes place, no side of a logical
argument having any innate, intrinsic claim of being more true than
other aspects. It is a continuous reordering which brings forth the
convoys of objects moving together (“strings”) and one of the readings
yields coordinates in two perfectly rectangular spaces. So the basic
principle is that it moves, as Heraclit said it should.

What I say in normal, subjectively colored language is that space is
actually two spaces which are merged into each other. The fabric of
space is made up of the undecided logical (sub-)questions of the
relevance of aspects. If it is more descriptive of a+b=c that 2a-3b is
in such and such way more related to b-2a than to 2b-3a (just to
mention an example), then space either constricts or expands or the
strings going thru the truth points of this debate have to carry more
fillings or less. The stuff must be somewhere. The 4D space you ask
about is perfectly there, with strings attached, twice.

Yes, physiology is a science of accounting and maintaining very strict
limits. This is even more true of neurology. That we humans have funny
ideas is built into the mechanism and can be seen e.g. on wolves,
bears, apes as they play and chase imaginary prey (which is strictly
speaking a hallucination).

The translation sequenced-commutative is what we see in the DNA and in
the functions of the brain. The electrical discharges which we call
thoughts are sequenced and come from specific places, but are
otherwise uniform. The cells fire or fire not. They have two logical
states. This is the Shannon way of doing things. Then, interdependent
with this, we have multiform material which is displaced. The fluids
are only generally somewhere in the region, they can lose their place,
and quite importantly they are of several varieties. The anti-Shannon
idea is that there are more forms in Nature (which we can speak about
in a formalized fashion) than this one and not this one.

The model presented is not an explanation for everything and all. It
is a tool to play with. We have 16 kinds of building blocks in two
sets, black and white. We pair the blocks and order them. Then we
reorder them again. We then discuss which pair goes with which other
pairs together in a convoy. This appears at first sight very
complicated but is extremely logical.

The glue in question connecting and partly fusing concepts in our
brain and between sciences and societies and among particles and
galaxies is well pictured in the formal language by the strings that
show the (possibly irrelevant) spatial coordinates of the convoys. It
is not the accountant’s job to give names to amounts systematically
under way and partly misplaced. It is the scientists’ prerogative to
decide what they call a string, a field, a force, a molecule.
Accounting processes connect points in Euclid spaces with extents. We
present accounting transformation of “where” into “how much” and the
other way around.

The model will not yield useful results if the concepts are not clear
enough. So it can not be used to explain the revigorisation on
figuring out a solution, catching an idea nor the birth of supernovae
out of pressure of space, although something appears similar. The
present usefulness could be somewhere between chemistry and
physiology.