Message from Karl Javorszky

Dear Qiao Tian-qing,

thank you for inviting my opinion in your viewpoints re information.

To the cultural embedding of the term "information": this cannot be otherwise. If we had a clear and precise definition of any one logical term, we would posses that fixed point that Archimedes has looked for in order to displace the Earth from. All logical terms are interdependent and give/receive their meaning by their relations to other logical terms. Which perspective a culture takes while regarding the interdependences determines, which aspects are relevant for the definition.

Your idea that "...information is the collection of three kinds of things´ attributes: things themselves (including cause or effect formed through their interaction), the attributes of things that someone thinks and simulates, and the attributes of tools someone or something uses when considers, expresses, or simulates something. " can be found in that system of references that is coming from a+b=c in the following ways:

1) Your basic - axiomatic - set of different facts, which you describe as "... properties of things, irrefutable and objective, which have nothing to do with any expressive way related to the thing ..." would be the basic set of arguments {1,1,...,1,2,2,...,16}. 2) Your set of primary relations is built on this basic set. You describe it as "... some attributes of things that someone can find... ...Among which some are true to the facts, but some are incompletely, while others are not in any way." The attributes of things that someone can find are here distinguished from the things. (This goes slightly against Wittgenstein, who says that "the thing is the collection of the possibilities of being included in a relation", so he thinks there is no real difference between the mental image of a number and that of what additions this number can take place in.) In actual fact, it may be that you are more profound than Wittgenstein, because: the additive model makes a difference between the numbers that are sorted and the sorting order, and - more importantly - among different sorting orders among each other. The orders are in a different way distinct to each other than the numbers. Also, order concepts mirror your idea very well, that some orders are congruent - even identical -, while some are only partly, and under some specific circumstances, congruent with each other, while there are collections of order concepts that are contradictory and cannot yield an existing result. This is mirrored exactly in the numbers. 3) Your set of meta-orders you describe as: "... attributes of tools used by someone." The tools are the order concepts by means of which [the matches between place and amount being the result of an order concept being relevant, that is, in existence] the facts become visible as true or false (congruent or contradictory). We choose an order concept by which we try to explain the world. (We have a geographical, a sociological, an economical way of explaining some parts of History, and the explaining perspectives do not contradict, rather extend the other way of ordering the facts.) This is also very well reflected in the numbers. So far, we have talked about the relevance of the ordering aspects (primary relations, your Nr. 2), and now we investigate how the set of ordering aspects has come about. This is the importance property of the additions. Within a system, we have the discussion, which aspect is relevant, while the comparison of systems is maybe even more important. The importance brings the past and the future into the play, as it is the sequence of logical arguments that creates (individuates, makes unique) the three-dimensional picture's contents. It matters now, whether X has been or has not been the case.

Now, how do you add information in three levels? That the things are ordered in such a basic fashion (primary facts) may or may not depend on that these ordering aspects (primary relations, Nr. 2) have been selected as relevant from among the ordering aspects of this perspective point, while the fact that this perspective point has been selected is important.

This seems to be well-defined and translatable into each other. There may be some more detail needed to be worked out, but the general idea that Info= info1+info2+info3 appears to be accessible to calculations.

Thank you for asking my insignificant opinion, and of course I am always ready to assist if there are steps planned to dissect this idea of information is additive over three levels: (facts, relations,history).

With great respect:
Karl