Dear Joseph, Koichiro and FIS colleagues,

I have been observing your discussion on biological time for a while now.
May I make a suggestion with your permission.

I think that Koichiro raised an important issue, in particular as
contribution to our INBIOSA project (www.inbiosa.eu)
that deserves more elaborate attention. Therefore, I suggest to move the
discussion from the predominant philosophical
realm (exchange of opinions) to the more pragmatical one.

In INBIOSA we are interested in initiating the development of a new theory
of (internalist) biological time supported by both theoretical
insights/models and experimental evidence. So, why don't you propose
specific examples in support of each one's argument
(perhaps in other living systems except cyanobacteria) along with 1-2
corollaries (extrapolations/predictions) of these arguments
and methods to prove them by experiments. We can get closer to the truth
within a joint project proposal (of disjoint viewpoints)
defined to clear up the horizon. We have provided such facilities for
proposal submission in INBIOSA and I even have 2 specific
EC research programmes that can be addressed to fund this kind of research.
What do you think?

I invite the ones who are interested in this to let me know.

Thank you for your attention,

Best wishes!

Plamen

Dr. Plamen L. Simeonov