Dear Gordana,

There are for me many question marks in ascriptions of quantum properties to
complex cognitive phenomena. The inversion of perspective I propose. using
Deacon's term, is to see processes of superposition as common both to quantum
phenomena as simplified projections of mental processes and to the mental
processes themselves. This does not require, as many people seem rather
desperately to want, that any given figure -ground event involve quanta at that
higher level. In this case, your useful term "likened with a quantum mechanical
superposition" can be replaced, usefully I suggest, by a weighting of the
degrees of actuality and potentiality of the components of a evolving complex
process. This is both where information is and what it is.

In this connection, I call all FIS'ers attention to the very pertinent concept
of another Andrei, Andrei Igamberdiev, described in his book, of Internal
Quantum States. The difference is, if I understand both sets of ideas
correctly, is that Igamberdiev is talking about the foundations of theoretical
biology. He does not require that Nature at higher levels actually instantiate
quantum structures in any sense other than that, as Gordana says, there is
nothing non-physical and quanta are involved a priori.

Cheers,

Joseph