Stan:

On Oct 22, 2012, at 12:00 PM, fis-requ...@listas.unizar.es wrote:

> I think it of some interest that I have previously ( 2006  On Aristotle’s
> conception of causality.  General Systems Bulletin 35: 11.) proposed that the
> Aristotelian 'formal cause' determines both 'what happens' and 'how it
> happens', and that the combination of this with material cause ('what it
> happens to') delivers 'where' it happens.

What a curious view of Aristotelian causality!

You completely reject the traditional metaphor of the purpose associated with
building a house?

Formal causes are almost always interpreted in terms of symbolic
representations - symbolic logic, symbolic equations, symbolic plans - images
of human imagination /consciousness.

So you see yourself, as within your consciousness, as the source of 'what
happens' and 'how it happens'!   :-)  ;-)

Philosophy!

Cheers

jerry