I hope this doesn't seem arrogant, but I feel it appropriate to
reiterate and emphasize some recent themes:

There is only one ruler in each domain, but there are many domains. A
mechanistic (in the broadest, perhaps fashionable sense) understanding
at one level or set of levels does not necessarily conflict with a
human-centric understanding at a different level or set. Being humans,
after all, there is nothing more natural to us than an anthropocentric
stance. But it should be recognised for what it is, and not extended
to inappropriate realms. The distinction between arts and humanities
on one side and sciences on the other is no longer as clear as it once
seemed, but it cannot just be dropped and forgotten altogether. The
horse must be chosen to suit the course. There is no single almighty
king, thank god!

--
Robin Faichney
<http://www.robinfaichney.org/>