Dear Joseph and FIS,

Let me add that this forward-backward duality has been introduced to
philosophy by Heraclit with his "upoward and downward flow". (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heraclitus#Panta_rhei.2C_.22everything_flows.22
).

The concept has a solid and robust definition under the name of "chains".
The concept can also be visualised as convoy, goods in transit, string,
filament, force line, probability density path, and the like.
The idea as accessible via natural numbers links those elements of a
collection that are connected by the necessities of changing places. The
chains may include spatial reference points, also, allowing for solid
bodies, fluids and gases to exist. The idea transcends, however, its
spatially realisable manifestations. In dependence of which order is
assumed (is the case), the expectations are different, as are the
experiences.

This is Joseph's session, so I don't want to sermonise about natural
numbers and order. The main point is, that Joseph's assertion of
anticipated realities that are also a part of the past and of the presence,
are well supported by the numbers. This is a solid, communicable concept.
There are tools to show the consistency of the idea, linking it to axioms
of logic and arithmetic.

Karl