Dear FISers,

The computer crash we have had these two weeks in the list, and the nasty consequences of having partially lost the archives, reminds me how ephemeral are these new repositories of knowledge. Reminding the topic of the ongoing session by John Prick, it is a form of collective intelligence that works amazingly fast, but it is highly fragile and gets into obsolescence amazingly fast too. It is a new way of social interaction that supports the emergence of new knowledge "institutions" so to speak, but too far outside the immediate bounds of our individual cognitive capability. Let us wait and see for the actual limits of all these new fangs.

Sorry for the list problems. It was a very frustrating experience --hopefully the worst is over.

best wishes

---Pedro

Pedro C. Marijuán
Avda. San Juan Bosco, 13, planta X