The bookkeeping exactitude refers to the number and kind of logical
alternatives.
If the DNA is such-and-such, the cell cannot be outside the logical limits
that are the accounting equivalents of such-and-such.
If the cell is such-and-such, the DNA cannot be otherwise than in a form
that is the logical-accounting of such-and-such.

Accounting in the logical understanding is the application of rules of
tautology. Like in business accounting there is equivalence between the
grand totals, in genetics can neither appear anything out of thin air.

No so-called "information" can appear or disappear in the translation
between linear and multidimensional ways of putting the same
interdependence, like no gain or loss can be created by (correct)
accounting.