On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 09:09:22PM +1100, Christopher Nilsson wrote:
> Yep -- Most of the changes that have gone in lately have been bug fixes,
> that folks have had living in personal clone repositories for a fairly long
> while.  But a more central "next" branch sounds like a good idea.  Somewhere
> to collect all the different changes together from all the other repos out
> there, so we all know what needs testing before merging into main.
>
> Or are the git tags good enough for now, given the traffic of incoming
> changes isn't enormous (yet ;) )? eg. the "official" tag is pointing to the
> "1.23.1" tag, so anything added since then needs checking.
>
> What do people think, any opinions on how it should be done?

tags are good to mark versions that are known to be stablee, branches
are good to seperate stable tested changes from others.

branches are cheap in git, so there is really no reason not to use them,
except if there are no unstable changes.

greetings, martin.
--
cooperative communication with sTeam      -     caudium, pike, roxen and unix
searching contract jobs:  debugging, programming, training and administration