A week or so ago I had a out-of-space situation on my main startup disk
(which is a SSD). So I deleted a bunch of files and now have ca 10 GB free,
all good.
Running OS X Mountain Lion.
Not sure what Fish version I am running, as I have no means of testing it..

But it turns out that since that low-disk situation, I cannot start shells.
Having tried with both iTerm2 and Terminal, the shell stars with the text
"Last login: Tue Apr  2 20:56:04 on ttys001", but then stops. Nothing at
all happens.
Same thing happens when ssh:ing into the machine.

Did something in Fish become corrupt when disk space ran out?
If so, maybe I should revert back to using the original shell as the
default one?
But how do I do that when I cannot start shells?

Other ideas?

Thanks,
Goran