hi all,

after updating my FreeBSD boxes today, I get:

- arrow key mapping don't work, displaying instead  [A for up arrow etc,
[D instead of backspace etc. line completion is also broken.

- errors from my previously-working aliases at ssh login time:

alias: Name cannot be empty
alias: Name cannot be empty
alias: Name cannot be empty
... 1 per every alias definition in ~/.config/fish/config.fish

the aliases themselves are all harmless things like this:

alias l     '/bin/ls -AFGhl'
alias d     '/bin/ls -AFGh'

I have a minimal install, including fisher, but removing plugins has no
effect.

The other possibly enlightening error is this:

@ ~/usr/home/dch> fisher ls
Mismatched brackets
in function “fisher”
        called on standard input
        with parameter list “ls”

Invalid redirection target:
~/.config/fish/functions/fisher.fish (line 83):         echo
"$fisher_cmd_name --complete" > "$completions"

           ^
in function “fisher”
        called on standard input
        with parameter list “ls”

No code specified for -e.
Invalid redirection target:
~/.config/fish/functions/fisher.fish (line 329):                 echo >
"$fisher_file"
                                                                      ^
in function “fisher”
        called on standard input