This message is from: "fjords" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

My vet charges $15 per horse plus mileage for a vet call.  I consider this
very reasonable.  Coggins is $30 per horse.

Each year in April I have the vet out to check our 3 horses teeth (float if
needed), do 6 month Health Certificates (covering WA, OR, ID & MT), Coggins,
Nasal Strangles and while he's here I have him give them WNV and 5-way.

By doing this I am cleared to go anywhere I want to go in the Pacific
Northwest and don't have to worry about getting documents "in a hurry."

Our saddle club holds two open shows each year.  It is up to the show
committee to determine whether they want to require health
certificate/Coggins for entrants.  In the past the WSH required it for WSH
shows.  It is not required by WSH currently.

For me, personally, it is peace of mind to have my horses Coggins tested.  I
also consider it part of being a responsible owner.

I give all of my own injections, worming, etc. throughout the year but feel
it's important to have my vet go over them once a year.

Taffy Mercer
Kennewick, WA